Open call for applications
Due to an overwhelming number of applications received, the deadline for the Sylt Foundation Visual Artist Residency has been extended to 07 June 2013. The Sylt Foundation calls all mid-career contemporary visual artists to apply for the two month South African Visual Artist’s Residency offered as part of the Sylt Foundation’s International Residency Programme. One residency will be awarded annually to a South African artists or a South African resident who have sustained a career profile of a minimum of seven to ten years in the contemporary visual sector.
Who is eligible to apply for the Sylt Foundation South African Visual Artist Residency?
• Practicing contemporary visual artists who are South African citizens or Permanent Residents of the Republic of South Africa
• Visual artists with a sustained career profile of 5 to 10 years
• Artists who have had a minimum of two (2) solo exhibitions and participated on at least one (1) curated group exhibition
• Only artists able to take up this Residency within sixteen (16) months of selection may apply
Application & Selection Process
• Only digital applications will be accepted
Applications to include:
• Copy of South African ID document or a Permanent Resident permit
• Full Curriculum Vitae
• Artist’s Profile – 500 words
• Artist’s Statement on their art practice – 800 words
• Six (6) images of key/ recent works
• Two (2 ) Letters of Reference from visual arts sector professionals
• only MS Word Documents or PDF documents will be accepted
• only JPEG images accepted no larger than 500KB each
• no email to exceed 5MB.